Starting a Business
The Carlsbad Department of Development is here to assist your new or relocating business. Our team can provide direction, make key introductions, and help you to navigate the process of getting the appropriate business licenses. There are additional resources available to entrepreneurs and business owners, including assistance provided through the following agencies:
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- SBA District Offices
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs)
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Small Business Institutes (SBIs)
- SBA OnLine (electronic bulletin board)
- Business Information Centers (BICs)
Call us for more information or assistance. You can also download this printable brochure (pdf) from the SBA.
City of Carlsbad Forms
City of Carlsbad building permit, business license, and zoning forms.
City of Carlsbad Code of Ordinances
City of Carlsbad "Municode" system.
State of New Mexico Forms
Incorporation applications and forms for the State of New Mexico.