Full-Time Workforce Training Coordinator at SENMC - Southeast New Mexico College
Available Openings: 1
Posted Date: November 30, 2022
Apply By: November 30, 2023
Industry: Job Openings
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: Hourly Range $20.71 - $23.49 DOE
Education Level: N/A
The Workforce Training Coordinator develops positive long-term relationships with business and industry representatives. In conjunction with the Workforce and Community Education Director, this position supports and strengthens relationships with business and industry to address workforce needs and assist with talent supply and demand. This position may assist in providing leadership and supervision to industry sector partnerships and initiate workforce solutions for business and industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, coordinates, and implements Workforce Development training programs to meet the needs of local and regional employers.
- Meets with local and regional industry and business representatives to determine workforce and/or talent needs.
- Assesses industry and business organizations and provides comprehensive evaluation of employment skills training needs.
- Develops and maintains relationships with training providers/instructors in order to develop necessary and responsive workforce solutions.
- Determines locations and coordinates scheduling of facilities for Workforce Training.
- Provide opportunities for business and industry to assist with the development of training programs to include: apprenticeships, internships, job shadowing and work-based learning.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with public sector, private sector and non-profit employers to create career pathways for future talent.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with economic development entities, chamber organizations and other workforce development agencies to ensure alignment and execution of collaborative workforce strategies to include: Talent Pipeline Management, and/or outputs that result from industry sector input.
- Maintains accurate SENMC program presence on the New Mexico Workforce Connection website.
- Will assist in, gathering information for additional funding opportunities to support workforce solutions and programming.
- Will assist in, gathering labor market information, talent demand and skills requirements and translating data into meaningful information to create workforce development strategies.
- Develop and manage a database of employers and/or industry representatives and maintain regular communication through appropriate channels.
- Prepare formatted reports for supervisor to consist of: a) short-term and long-term planning for Workforce Development, b) weekly progress and next steps for short-term projects, contact information for involved parties, c) monthly progress and next steps for long-term projects, contact information for involved parties.
- Other duties as assigned in response to a rapidly changing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accomplish organization objectives by organizing and monitoring work processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Established leadership skills including the ability to manage stakeholder groups; ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners, including employers, community colleges, government entities, policy decision makers, community-based non-profit organizations, job seekers and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills; keen appreciation for follow up, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Experience working in and with industry; good working knowledge of the region’s high demand industries especially as it relates to the workforce needs of employers.
- Knowledge of economic and workforce development practices, systems, and program design; knowledge of training systems.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing, editing and making
presentations to groups and individuals.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
SENMC - Southeast New Mexico College
Contact: Steven Gonzales
1500 University Dr.
Carlsbad, Eddy County, New Mexico 88220
Carlsbad, Eddy County, New Mexico 88220